Important! Examine everything thoroughly
In order to flawlessly and easily start studying in the Ural Federal, you must fulfill the requirements described below! Read this information several times and take notes in your notebook. Do not miss a thing!
Upon Arrival to Ekaterinburg
Notify the Foreign Students Adaptation Center 7 days before arrival in Yekaterinburg by email: email@example.com.
This is mandatory - that means you must notify us! You are much safer when we know about you!
How do I get to UrFU?
University address: Yekaterinburg city, 19 Mira st.
If you need a volunteer to pick you up at the airport/train station and take you to the campus, please fill in this Arrival Form at least 3 days prior to your arrival.
How much does it cost?
You will need to cover the expenses for the volunteer's taxi ride to the pick-up point (Koltsovo Airport or Ekaterinburg Train Station) AND taxi from the pick-up point to UrFU.
Going on your own:
· The easiest and fastest - order a taxi (approximate cost is 400 rubles), use UBER or Yandex App. You can download them prior the arrival and put your card details or just pay in cash
o bus number 1 to the stop Railway station - transfer to minibus taxi No. 056 (from the stop of the recreation center Zheleznodorozhnikov) to the stop st. Sophia Kovalevskaya;
o Bus No. 1 to the stop Railway Station - transfer by minibus No. 082 to the stop of Sofya Kovalevskaya;
o bus number 1 to the stop Railway station - transfer to bus number 15 (from the stop Azina) to the stop Professor;
o Bus No. 1 to the Dekabristov stop (Belinsky St.) - transfer by minibus No. 030 to the stop Ural Federal University.
· From the railway station - taxi (approximate cost 250 rubles), trams number 8, 22, 23, 32 or bus number 056, 082, 15 to the stop Ural Federal University;
· From the Southern Bus Station - taxi (approximate cost 200 rubles), tram number 4, 15, bus number 50, 54, minibus number 030, 054, 056 to the stop Ural Federal University.
Arrived - What's Next?
It’s better to do everything right away:
1. Submit all necessary documents for admission:
Contact: Preparatory department 19 Mira st., office I-528, tel .: +7 (343) 375-46-89 to enter the campus
2. Remember that you have only 3 days to submit migration documents for registration on the territory of the Russian Federation.
Where do I need to hand over the documents? 19 Mira st., r. GUK-109, tel .: +7 (343) 375-94-91.
Hand over these documents:
1) passport (ID);
2) 2 copies of the first page of the passport (identity card);
3) 2 copies of the page with a mark on the border crossing;
4) 2 copies of the visa page (for visa countries);
5) a migration card (if issued at the border) + 2 copies;
6) 1 copy of all completed pages in the passport.
Your time is super precious!
Print all of these papers before you arrive. We recommend that you prepare all copies of documents before arriving in Yekaterinburg. It is better to do everything at once, in order not to have unnecessary difficulties.
Medical insurance and physical examination
3. Get a medical insurance certificate for the entire academic year.
All foreign citizens must have a health insurance policy in Russia. The certificate can be purchased at any insurance company in Yekaterinburg or in your home country. If you already have a Medical certificate (with the indication "valid in the Russian Federation"), then you must have with you a version of it in Russian, where the period of validity and the coverage area must be indicated.
If you have questions: where to buy a health insurance policy? / What should be the amount of coverage? / where is the health insurance policy valid? You need to contact the Center for Adaptation of Foreign Students of Ural Federal University: ul. Mira, 19, GUK-209, tel. +7 (343) 375-41-93.
4. Undergo a compulsory medical examination (including necessary for settlement in the dormitory of Ural Federal University).
Address of the Medical Sanitary Unit (Медсанчасть УрФУ) UrFU: 59b, Komsomolskaya st., office No. 6, working hours: Mon-Fri from 8:00 to 20:00, tel .: +7 (343) 375-94-77.
Please note that the medical examination for obtaining a dormitory approval for foreign citizens is PAID.
Documents for inspection:
2) vaccination certificate or other information about preventive vaccinations;
3) information on xray of the lungs (for the last year);
4) health certificate (if any).
5. If you have a full package of documents, contact the Center for Adaptation of Foreign Students of UrFU to draw an agreement for settlement in a hostel - 19 Mira st., GUK-209 (free places may be available).
Before getting into the dorm you must have:
2) a document confirming admission to UrFU (certificate of acceptance of documents / contract for training + payment);
3) a certificate of medical examination at the Medical Unit of the Ural Federal University;
4) the original Health Insurance Policy.
6. Pay for the dormitory and for the provision of educational services (for training under an agreement on the provision of educational services). You must contact the branch of any bank. For convenience, in the main educational building (19 Mira St.) there is a Sberbank office.
TIP: There are some useful mobile apps (this is not an ad) that will help you get around in Ekaterinburg:
2GIS: Interactive city map with search and navigation (works offline)
UrFU Guide: To make your enrollment and navigation around the Campus more comfortable
Preparatory Department for Foreign Students
Address: 19, Mira Street, office I-528
Admission Manager Mikhail
Phone: +7 (343) 375-46-89
~2 MB, *.pdf (Uploaded 07.10.2020)
~2 MB, *.pdf (Uploaded 07.10.2020)
~190 KB, *.pdf (Uploaded 07.10.2020)
~191 KB, *.pdf (Uploaded 07.10.2020)
Created / Updated: 9 November 2016 / 7 August 2020
© Federal State Autonomous Educational Institution of Higher Education «Ural Federal University named after the first President of Russia B.N.Yeltsin»
Portal design: Artsofte
19 Mira str., Office I-528
Tel: +7 (343) 375-46-89
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SUPPORT:
19, Mira Street
Tel: +7 (343) 375-41-93
20 Chapaeva str., Office 209 (Staffroom)
Tel: + 7 (343) 257-57-84